The Cat Tail is a low to high gain distortion with overdrive capabilities (some even say at high gain settings, it sounds like a fuzz). This circuit is based on a well-loved, classic distortion that make a clean amp dirty and a dirty amp disgusting. We have tweaked the original circuit to better meet the needs of guitarists and bassists a like. With the addition of a diode toggle for extra tweakability for clipping options, we have added to the modifications the Beavis double resistor mod (Clipping 1 and 2 pots) to allow the user to subtly fine tune how the signal clips on the highs and lows.
Please note – The Cat Tail is the same pedal/circuit as the pedal formerly known as “Rat Tail.”
– makes the output of the circuit louder or quieter.
– moves from treble to bass when turned clockwise. There is a general high mids presence in most tone settings with little
to no bass loss.
– moves from a little to no drive/distortion
to high distortion when turned clockwise.
CLIPPING 1 & 2 POTS
– fine tunes how the signal clips on the highs and lows.
To start, roll them both back, then slowly roll them
clockwise to find your personal taste in clipping of your signal.
– changes the clipping diodes from
1n914 silicon to no diodes to LEDs.
Fuzzrocious Pedals’ products do not support batteries due to risk of damage to the unit
and for ecological concerns related to the use and disposal of batteries. An external power supply a 9V DC 2.1mm center negative tip adapter is required to use thus pedal.